Gloriosa Superba is a deciduous, summer-growing climber up to 1.5 m tall, With tuberous roots. The slender stems are produced annually and are upright to scrambling and can grow up to 4 m long. Tubers sprout in spring, and a tuber sends up 1 to 6 stems. The showy flowers are borne in summer (November to March) and are usually bi-colored yellow and orange-scarlet, aging a deeper shade of orange-red to purple. There is also a pure yellow form. Gloriosa superba is a species of flowering plant in the family Colchicaceae. Common names include flame lily, climbing lily, creeping lily, glory lily, gloriosa lily, tiger claw, and fire lily.
- Udanta Seeds® Flower Bulbs
- Pack of 15 bulbs
- Germination Rate - 25 to 30 Days
- Gloriosa creeper plant is a perennial flowering plant.
- If you face any kind of problem with the product so you can call us anytime
Planting process Of Gloriosa Superba
- Prepare the garden bed using a garden fork or tiller to loosen the soil to a depth of 5 to 7 inches before applying bulbs.
- Use 30% Cocopeat / 20% Vermicompost / 30% Soil / 20% Sand of good germination. And mix well.
- When measuring from the base of the bulb, plant bulbs are at least 3 to 4 inches deep.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end. And that means digging deeper, loosening the soil and allowing drainage, or making raised beds.
- Remember, the larger the bulb, the deeper the hole.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end.
- Then cover it well with soil.
- When the bulbs grow, water should be given only twice in a week.
- Do not let the plant sit in water as wet soil can promote bulb and root rot and attract pests.
- Although they cannot withstand wet feet, bulbs require water to speed up growth.
- They will come up and bloom about 60-65 days after planting and will last for about 20-25 days.