About Gloriosa superba
Gloriosa superba is a deciduous, summer-growing climber up to 1.5 m tall, With tuberous roots. The slender stems are produced annually and are upright to scrambling and can grow up to 4 m long. Tubers sprout in spring, and a tuber sends up 1 to 6 stems. The showy flowers are borne in summer (November to March) and are usually bi-coloured yellow and orange-scarlet, ageing a deeper shade of orange-red to purple. There is also a pure yellow form. Gloriosa superba is a species of flowering plant in the family Colchicaceae. Common names include flame lily, climbing lily, creeping lily, glory lily, gloriosa lily, tiger claw, and fire lily.
Planting process Of Gloriosa Superba
- Prepare the garden bed using a garden fork or tiller to loosen the soil to a depth of 5 to 7 inches before applying bulbs.
- When measuring from the base of the bulb, plant bulbs at least 3 to 4 inches deep.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end. And that means digging deeper, loosening the soil and allowing drainage, or making raised beds.
- Remember, the larger the bulb, the deeper the hole.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end.
- Then cover it well with soil.
- When the bulbs grow, water should be given only twice in a week.
- Do not let the plant sit in water as wet soil can promote bulb and root rot and attract pests.
- Although they cannot withstand wet feet, bulbs require water to speed up growth.
- They will come up and bloom about 60-65 days after planting and will last for about 20-25 days.
Plantogallery is providing seasonal flower bulbs, we have a collection of flowering bulbs of the Winter Season, Summer Season, and Rainy Season. We sell flower bulbs for all seasons in India. We have a huge collection of seasonal bulbs with high-quality imported bulbs. Winter bulbs like Gladiolus, Freesia, Ranunculus, Sparex, Nargis, Ixia, Tulip, Hyacinth, Daffodil, Lily bulbs, Iris, Oxalis, Muscari, Allium, Lilium Asiatic, and Oriental Flower Seeds, Vegetable Seeds, Herb Seeds, etc.
Feature Of Gloriosa Superba
- Easy to germinate and suitable for any pots and home garden.
- Gloriosa creeper plant is a perennial flowering plant.
- 5 bulbs should be put in a 12-inch pot.
- They will come up and bloom about 60-65 days after planting and will last for about 15-20 days.
- Try this Pack and discover how great these flowers.
- Gloriosa growing temperature (15°C – 30°C) Should be up to.
- Enjoy this year Gloriosa flower bulbs in your garden.
- Get 100% freshly imported and unique varieties of bulb.
- Best qualities fresh flower bulb with 100% customer satisfaction result.
- Before planting the bulbs read how to grow and germination process.
- Plantogallery gave u 24×7 support and after-sale services.
- For any queries message us in chat box given below. we have more collection of flower bulbs go in the search box and type flower bulbs.
Germination Guide Books For Plants and others.
- Click Here For Seeds germination tips book and videos.
- Click Here For Flowering Care
- Click Here For Flower Bulbs Germination Guide and Care.
|Flower BULBS||Flower Seeds||Vegetable seeds||Other Plants Seeds|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.