About Football Lily
Football Lily Bulb Description for Haemanthus Multifloras, Blood Lily. Blood lily is a bulbous plant with leaves on short, speckled stalks. The flower stalk bears a rounded inflorescence, 8-12 cm across. The plant may live for many years and will flower annually indoors.
Planting process of Football Lily
- Prepare the garden bed using a garden fork or tiller to loosen the soil to a depth of 5 to 7 inches before applying bulbs.
- Use 30% Cocopeat / 20% Vermicompost / 30% Soil / 20% Sand of good germination. And mix well.
- When measuring from the base of the bulb, plant bulbs at least 3 to 4 inches deep.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end. And that means digging deeper, loosening the soil and allowing drainage, or making raised beds.
- Remember, the larger the bulb, the deeper the hole.
- Set the bulb in the hole with the pointed end.
- Then cover it well with soil.
- When the bulbs grow, water should be given only twice a week.
- Do not let the plant sit in water as wet soil can promote bulb and root rot and attract pests.
- Although they cannot withstand wet feet, bulbs require water to speed up growth.
- They will come up and bloom about 50-60 days after planting and will last for about 15-20 days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.